On Depression
I was sitting here thinking of the coming few days, things I have to do, things that loom in front of me, things that are wrong, things I will have to face, feeling depressed. And I thought of a few things that cheered me up:
I don't have to get everything perfectly. The input and output of my life is not perfect and doesn't have to be. I don't have to brush my teeth perfectly or even have the perfect argument. I sometimes watch people do things and wonder how they can do them so hapharzdly and just surrender and not worry about what will happen. Like when I see people brush their teeth in movies....it is just so much less OCD than the way I brush my teeth. Sometimes they don't even rinse out with water. And I guess a little toothpaste won't kill you.
And then the other thing i thought is that when I feel like EVERYTHING is wrong and bad, then it means I am depressed. And so that doesn't mean that all those things aren't wrong and couldn't use fixing, but it means that I am disproportionately thinking of the bad. There's a lot of good that I need to remember.
This sentence isn't prefect,


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home