Theme?
Dear Lord, I am in a lurch. Today just didn't seem to have a theme. Most days have themes. A few times throughout today, I wondered: what is today's theme? And maybe focusing on a theme didn't allow one to come to fruition.
I recently stopped going to therapy for much the same reason. Not only did I find therapy nonproductive, but I found it to be destructive. Before my ideas, feelings, and notions came to fruition they were deconstructed. It's kind of like mowing a lawn every day and never letting it grow to a nice height. Since stopping therapy I have regained more personality and privacy. Therapy is good at certain times. But recently I remembered the expression that therapy is like a boat that can take you to other side of the river, but you have to remember to get off the boat.
Life is a series of starts and stops. And I guess the stops are either significant events or epiphanies like the one I had yesterday. But today was just a regular day in motion, and the best you can do with such a neutral day is to be mindful. That's the best I know at least, how about you? Leave a comment!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home